Archinfo is looking for a substitute project manager for the exhibition of the Finnish Pavilion at the Venice Architecture Biennale
We are now looking for a project manager who is proactive, curious and genuinely interested in international activity for a fixed-term position from September 1, 2023 to December 31, 2024. As a project manager you will be responsible for organizing and producing the exhibition of the Finnish pavilion at the Venice Architecture Biennale. Apply by August 14th!
Archinfo, the Information Centre for Finnish Architecture, aims to generate interest in architecture and increase appreciation for the built environment. We strive to influence the development of the built environment towards a more sustainable tomorrow. We disseminate information about Finnish architecture and its expertise internationally.
One of the most significant international projects is to be responsible, as appointed by the Ministry of Education and Culture, for the exhibition of the Finnish Pavilion at the Biennale Architettura in Venice. Archinfo is the commissioner for the exhibition for the third time in 2023. You can find more information about the Biennale on our website.
Your tasks will include:
- Exhibition production planning, administration, and implementation
- Scheduling, subcontracting, materials procurement, budget monitoring, contracts
- Communication with the project team and other participating parties, production meetings, travel and accommodation arrangements, and reporting.
- Construction, dismantling, travel, and accommodation arrangements.
- Acting as a supervisor for additional project personnel, interns, and exhibition attendants.
- Participation in other international and national program activities of Archinfo.
- Participation in the development of the organization together with other staff members.
We expect you to have:
- A relevant degree for the position.
- Experience in exhibition production and project coordination.
- Familiarity with project management tools.
- Experience in the field of architecture.
- Interest in developing sustainable solutions.
- Organizational and systematic skills.
- Collaborative skills: Communication skills are essential in interacting with the project team, partners, and various production-related entities.
- Experience in fundraising.
- Good command of both spoken and written English. Knowledge of Finnish and Italian languages is advantageous for the position.
- A diverse, interesting, and responsible position in a close-knit and inspiring working environment.
- A flexible work culture that emphasizes development and sustainable solutions.
- Comfortable premises in Helsinki are shared with other actors in the field of architecture, providing an overview of Finnish and international architecture. Occupational health services, meal vouchers, and regular recreational days.
The position is full-time (100% employment). The regular working hours are 37.5 hours per week, excluding the lunch break. Partial remote work is possible. The work involves traveling.
Archinfo is one of the eight art information centres supported by the Ministry of Education and Culture. The office will move to new premises in Hakaniemi on September 1st, together with the Finnish Association of Architects (SAFA) and the Association of Finnish Architects' Offices (ATL).
How to apply:
Please send your application, CV, and salary request as a single PDF file to email@example.com. Write "Project Manager 2023" in the subject line of the message, and name the file in the format "LastnameFirstname." You can apply in either Finnish or English. Apply for the position by August 14, 2023. The full-time work will start according to the agreement. Interviews will be conducted in late August, and the selection will be made as soon as possible.
For more information about the position, please contact:
Katarina Siltavuori, Director
firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 050 5992510
Wednesday, July 19, 2023, from 10 am to 12 pm
Monday, August 14, 2023, from 10 am to 4 pm