Back to articles
Nominees for the Mies van der Rohe Award 2015 announced
Finnish architecture is in a fine company among the nominees for the European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture – Mies van der Rohe Award 2015. The European Commission and the Fundació Mies van der Rohe have announced the list of 420 projects five of which are located in Finland and one of which is designed by Finnish architects to Warsaw, Poland.
Nominees in/from Finland
- Renovation and Extension of the Kuopio City Theatre in Kuopio, Finland; designed by ALA Architects;
- Arctia Headquarters in Helsinki, Finland; designed by K2S Architects;
- The Gösta Pavilion of the Serlachius Art Museum in Mänttä, Finland; designed by MX_SI Architectural Studio (Spain) and Huttunen-Lipasti-Pakkanen Architects;
- House Riihi in Alajärvi, Finland; designed by Oopeaa / Anssi Lassila;
- Café Birgitta in Helsinki, Finland; designed by Talli / Minna Lukander;
- Museum for the History of Polish Jews in Warsav, Poland; designed by Lahdelma & Mahlamäki Architects.